4th edition (2011) – The promotion of Entrepreneurship and of R+D+I: The High-Tech Cluster of Tel Aviv, Israel
The central theme of the visit to the cluster of high-tech companies around Tel Aviv, Israel, was based on the growth of an industry based on talent and creativity applied to technology.
Thus, the trip was focused on finding the keys to the following aspects:
- Why would a multinational company like HP choose to buy a company in Israel and once there, grow and concentrate its activities in the country? Why do others, such as Intel, concentrate research there that is vital to their future?
- Why are so many people involved in business start-ups? Why does society in general maintain such a positive attitude towards this?
- What gives these entrepreneurs a global market perspective from day one? What role does this vision play in how they conceive and plan their business? How does this vision evolve with the growth of the company?
- How did the current system of Venture Capital and Entrepreneurship come to be what they are today? What are the future prospects?
- What is the history of a company that was a start-up twenty years ago and is now a world leader in its sector? Which decisions, right and wrong, were made along the way, and why were they good or bad?
- Can you define the responsibility that the public and private sectors have had throughout the process? Is there some infrastructure that has paved the way?
- 8th edition (2019): E-state and innovation: Estonia and Finland
- 7th edition (2017): Public-private collaboration and welfare state: Denmark
- 6th edition (2015): Technological Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Silicon Valley, California, United States
- 5th edition (2013): Competitiveness of a powerful industry, and dual vocational training Bavaria, Germany
- 4th edition (2011): The promotion of Entrepreneurship and of R+D+I: the High-Tech Cluster of Tel Aviv, Israel
- 3rd edition (2009): Massachusetts: Research and Technology transfer
- 2nd edition (2008): Hong Kong and Shanghai: Infrastructure and Air connectivity
- 1st edition (2007): Finland: Internationalization and innovation